Friday, March 4, 2011

Spelling and Grammar Helps

As a language teacher, I spend a lot of time (not "alot") reading and correcting student papers, theses, etc. (not "ect."). I have become overly sensitive perhaps to spelling errors and the improper selection of homonyms, you know, those words that sound alike but that mean different things.

Therefore, I thought I would throw up a post on some of the most frequent errors I see from time to time for those who might be interested.

One caveat: I am a poor typist and I am aware that many errors are simply the result of the keyboard revealing the keys I push rather than the keys I had in mind. I know that many of my own errors in text messages, FB posts, and so on, result from my entry skills and from the spell checker changing my words. I am sure that most of your errors originate in the same way.

If these posts help, then great! They are not meant in any way to demean or demoralize.

No comments: